Salish Sea School 2013
Peninsula Co-op Salish Sea School Summer Camps will resume in July 2013!
We are extremely pleased to announce that the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre will be partnering with the Peninsula Co-op again this year to offer our Salish Sea Summer School Camps! Without the generous support of our local Co-op, this amazing program would not be possible. Thank you, Peninsula Co-op!
Our Salish Sea summer camp will combine fun educational experiences in the aquarium with field & boat trips, as well as time for games and art!
- Discover and explore diverse local marine habitats — rocky intertidal, sandy beaches, mudflats, eelgrass meadows
- Visit the Gulf Islands National Park
- Embark on an ecocruise
- Explore under-the-sea with a Remote Operated Vehicle
- Be a biologist and use transects to conduct an invertebrate survey
- Private fish feeding with an Aquarist
- T-shirt and activity book
- And more!
Registration begins Spring 2013.
Barnacle Buddies Summer Camp 2013
A Camp for 4 – 6 Year Olds!
Barnacle Buddies is for budding biologists! Explore the diversity of ocean animals big and small through hands on learning, games, art and fun!
Each camp will combine educational experiences inside and outside of the aquarium.
Look for registration beginning spring 2013.
Photos from our 2011 Summer Camp
Click here to watch a video of Salish Sea School!